Apple has confirmed that WWDC21 will commence on June 7 from Apple Park. This year’s developers conference will be software-centered. Therefore, ahead of the WWDC21 virtual event rumor mills speculated that the upcoming iOS 15 update will feature a redesigned lock screen, new food tracking feature, and much more.
The list of expected features in the upcoming iPhone software update is based on leaks and features discovered in Apple’s open-source WebKit code. Predicting from the iOS 14 release schedule, the iOS 15 version to be available to the general public by the fall of 2022.
Features to expect on the new iOS 15 update
@Connor Jewiss claims to have seen the update and he reports that Apple will introduce the following new features:
- Dark Mode UI improvement
- Messages app improvement– to set automatic response as per status
- Food tracking feature like the MyFitness Pal app which allows uses to log in food consumed during the day to calculate calories at the end. It can be a good feature for users’ fitness journey and recovery from eating disorders.
- Other new features in the Health app
- Confirmation of UI changes *from the previous screenshot rumor – new rounded icons
- New notification settings to customize notification of various app
- look on the lock screen
Other expected features are:
In addition to software, the only hardware rumored to release at the WWDC21 event is 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro.