As per new rumors, iOS 15 will feature a redesigned control center with a compact layout, and support for dual biometric authentication which would support both Face ID and Touch ID on the same device. The rumors also say that iPhone 13 will have an ultrasonic Touch ID sensor under the display, feature 1TB storage, always-on display with complications, and more.
Long list of rumors for iOS 15 and iPhone 13
- Ultrasonic Touch ID sensor under the display for iPhone 13. This means that iPhone 13 would support both Face ID and Touch ID. Developers would be able to use an iOS API that will let them use both options for authentication
- A smaller notch on iPhone 13
- It’s possible that iPhone 13 could be portless because it supports Internet recovery
- 120Hz ProMotion display is also on the cards
- A15 processor will have performance improvements, but it will also have security improvements at a hardware level
- Always-on display with support for complications similar to watchOS
- iOS 15 will have a redesigned control center that is similar to the one in macOS Big Sur. macOS Big Sur’s control center has a slightly different design than iOS 14, and makes more options accessible without a “long press”.
- iOS 15 will also feature AR tracking for AirTags
- iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max might support 1TB storage variants
The tweets also say that Face ID for MacBook is also a work in progress.
Most of the items in this list have been rumored before from other sources, however, many have been either pending or delayed, such as AirTags and Face ID for Mac. However, we would still suggest to take these rumors with a grain of salt as some of these features were also rumored for iPhone 12. iPhoneSoft has a mixed record when it comes to rumors, and we are not sure about Jioriku’s track record yet when it comes to Apple leaks.