Apple has confirmed that its Worldwide Developers Conference 2021 will commence with Keynote on June 7 at 10 a.m. PTD. Like last year, the 2021 WWDC event will also be held virtually due to the prevalent COVID-19 restrictions. That means Apple’s developer community and its technology enthusiasts can watch the event for free.
30 million Apple developers from 227 regions around the globe are invited to the WWDC21 program to gain knowledge of new technologies, tools and more to learn “about the future of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS,” try coding challenges, learn from guest speakers and more. In addition, the attendees will also participate in special activities and events designed to bring the developers’ community together.
Free for all developers, WWDC 2021 will bring together the global Apple developer community and provide them with new insights into the technologies, tools, and frameworks they rely on. The conference will offer developers the opportunity to engage with one another, and directly with Apple engineers for guidance on building innovative and platform-differentiating apps and games.
The schedule of WWDC 2021 starting from June 7
As per the announcement, the WWDC 2021 will start from June 7 till June 10.
- June 7, 2021
- Apple Keynote directly from Apple Park which can be stream via apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and YouTube, with on-demand playback available after the conclusion of the stream.
- Platforms State of the Union
Take a deeper dive into the new tools, technologies, and advances across Apple platforms that will help Apple developers create even better apps. Platforms State of the Union will stream via the Apple Developer app and the Apple Developer website.
- June 8, 2021 video sessions will be posted in the Apple Developer app and on the Apple Developer website.
- June 10, 2021
- Apple Design Awards at 2 p.m. PDT to celebrate creativity which will stream in the Apple Developer app and the Apple Developer website.
Apple’s Developer Conferences are an exciting time for developers to not only interact with each other but also to learn how to expand their apps with the new tools and technologies created by the company. This WWDC 2021 is said to be a software-centered event with expected updates of iOS 15, iPad 15, and other operating systems. Apple writes,
Featuring over 200 in-depth sessions, one-on-one labs, and more, WWDC21 will provide unprecedented access to Apple engineers and designers so developers can learn about the latest tools and technologies to help them create the next generation of apps. Apple Developer Program members can request one-on-one lab consultations with more than 1,000 Apple experts to ask questions about the latest APIs and best practices, and apply for user interface and design reviews. Apple engineers will also be available in Apple Developer Forums throughout the week to answer questions and engage in technical discussions.
- 15 paid App Store games with controller support on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
- Apple VP discusses new Apple TV 4K (2021) features and experiences: Remote, Gaming and Viewing