Every year, the LGBTQ community in the United States celebrates Pride month from June 1 through June 30. Ahead of the commencement of the celebration, Apple has launched new 2022 “Threads of pride” Sport Loop bands and watch faces for Apple Watch Series 4 or later models.
The new “Threads of pride” Edition Apple Watch bands and faces for 2022
There are three new Loop bands available on Apple.com.
- Pride edition Sport Loop is a white nylon hook-and-loop band with woven “Pride” script in colors of the LGBTQ rainbow-colored flags. Available in 41mm and 45mm sizes, the new band retails for $49.
- Pride edition Nike Sport Loop is a dark nylon hook-and-loop band with colorful strips woven in the band. Available in 41mm and 45mm sizes, the new band retails for $49.
- Pride edition Braided Solo Loop is a braided Solo Loop band made with colorful polyester yarn braided around silicon thread. Available in 40mm and 44mm sizes, the new band retails for $99.
The tech giant has also launched new watch faces in two backgrounds: white and black.
This face brings together colors that represent the LGBT community. The threads morph to create the time and respond to the movement of your wrist. You can also tap each thread or rotate the Digital Crown to send a vibration across them.
How to add the 2022 Pride Threads Apple Watch face
The new watch faces are available on Apple Watch Series 4 and newer models running on watchOS 8.6 paired with an iPhone running on iOS 15.5 or later. Here is how you can quickly add the new colorful Pride face to show support for the LGBTQ community.
- Tap on the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the “Face Gallery” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- From the gallery, select the “New Watch Faces” section > Pride Threads.
- Select your preferred background and simply tap on the “Add” option to include the face in your watch face gallery.