Apple Maps immersive features are now available in three major Canadian cities: Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Residents in the aforementioned cities can now enjoy the 3D view of their city with rich details, get immersive walking directions, enhanced navigation, and much more.
All the new Apple Maps features are available in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, Canada
After introducing Apple Maps’ new immersive features in world-class cities like New York, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, San Diego, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, and London, they are now available in three metropolia in Canada. Here are all the new Apple Maps features available in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
- Three-dimensional view with rich details – The 3D details for commercial districts, buildings, road details, neighborhoods, and more. In addition, elevation road details across a city and custom-designed landmarks like Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal, and Robson Square in Vancouver. A nighttime mode with moonlight glow at sunset.
- Enhanced navigation details – Drivers get to see details like crosswalks, medians, turn lanes, bus and taxi lanes, to navigate more easily and safely through a city. When approaching complex interchanges, Apple Maps shows a road-level view so the driver gets to see the upcoming traffic conditions and chooses the best land for an exit.
- Immersive walking directions – On iOS 15, users can raise their iPhone to scan buildings in an area and get step-by-step walking directions in augmented reality.
- Cycling directions – New directions show cyclists’ elevation for a ride, street conditions, and stairs on a route. Integration with Apple Watch’s voice guidance and Haptic Touch keep the users more focused on the path.
- Transit updates – Nearby stations are now more prominently displayed on top of the screen, users can pin their favorite lines in Maps and track their rides via Apple Watch. Apple Maps also notes the users when their disembarking time approaches, automatically in real-time.
- Indoor Maps – Get directions to restrooms and restaurants in Malls and airports.
- Curated guides – Apple Maps makes it easier for users to discover new places and things to do in cities around the world through over 2000 curated guides by experts.
- Interactive Globe – Users get to explore the world in a whole new interactive way. The 3D globe shows natural landforms like mountain ranges, oceans, rainforests, deserts, and more.
Apple’s senior vice president of Services, Eddy Cue said that the people of Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver will get to explore their cities in completely new ways.
“We’re excited for Apple Maps users to explore the beauty and culture of Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver in an incredibly detailed new way. Built with privacy at its core, this update is the continuation of our commitment to building the best, most accurate map of the world — with a beautifully designed experience and attention to detail that only Apple can deliver.”