Ahead of its debut on April 29, Apple TV+ has released the trailer for the upcoming “Make or Break” docuseries on the challenges faced by the world’s best surfers as they compete for the World Title at the 2021 World Surf League (WSL) Championship Tour (CT).
The seven-part documentary series is produced by Box to Box Films for Apple in partnership with WSL and executive produced by James Gay-Rees, Paul Martin, and WSL CEO Erik Logan and Ryan Holcomb. “Make or Break” will give the audience an opportunity to get up, close, and personal with the elite 2021 Men’s and Women’s WSL CT hosted during the COVID-19 pandemic and the dynamic surfing culture with its issues like diversity, mental health, and the physical impact of the sport.
Feel the adrenaline rush of crushing massive waves in the Apple TV+ trailer for the new “Make or Break” docuseries
The teaser gives a glimpse of the male and female surfers featuring in the “Make or Break” and accentuates their primary focus on dancing through massive waves or pipelines and delivering their best to win the title.
With exclusive interviews from renowned surfers from around the world and behind the scenes, the first season of the series will feature:
- 11-time world champion and 56-time career victory winner Kelly Slater
- Seven-time world champion Stephanie Gilmore
- Three-time world champion Gabriel Medina
- Two-time world champion Tyler Wright
- 2019 World Champion and Olympic gold medalist Italo Ferreira
- 2021 Olympian Tatiana Weston-Webb
- Additional notable surfers featured in the series are Morgan Cibilic, Leonardo Fioravanti, John John Florence, Jeremy Flores, Johanne Defay, Kanoa Igarashi, Matt McGillivray, Filipe Toledo, Jack Robinson, and Isabella Nichols.
Apple TV+ has also announced that season 2 of the series is under production during the current competition season.