Apple Vision Pro is the first spatial computer by the Cupertino tech giant. Designed for communication, video streaming, gaming, and more, the new headset is equipped with augmented reality and virtual reality technology to deliver a unique 3D experience right in the comfort of users’ homes or any other space.
With an extravagant $3499 price tag, Apple Vision Pro supports eye tracking and hand gesture control for users to navigate through various apps, play or pause content, zoom in and out of windows, and much more. Users can also take photos and record videos with the device’s 3D camera to capture precious moments and relive them later.
Although a lot of information on Apple Vision Pro’s design and features is available, there are a few tidbits that are not marketed enough.
Here are Apple Vision Pro tidbits you need to know
- The headset will launch in the US only.
- It will be available in early 2024 for purchase at Apple online and retail stores. On the dedicated page for the headset, Apple explains that it is waiting for approval by the FCC to sell Apple Vision Pro.
This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
- Apple Vision Pro requires a valid prescription but not all prescriptions are supported.
- Users must be 13 years or older to purchase the headset.
Services and accessories
- Apple says that users will require some services and all content may not be available in all areas.
- Users will have to purchase vision correction accessories separately.