Cupertino tech giant has expanded its AppleCare+ warranty plans to three new countries: France, Italy, and Spain. Apple users can purchase AppleCare+ or AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss coverage plans for their iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac to get free repair or replacement in case of accidental damages or theft.
Everything you need to know about AppleCare+ warranty plans
With the addition of three new countries, AppleCare+ is now available in the United States, Canada, Spain, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, and Australia. Here is what you need to know about Apple warranty plans.
Apple devices come with one year of hardware repair coverage and a limited time 90 days complimentary technical support warranty. Customers can purchase two extended warranty plans for additional features and more comprehensive coverage. The plans’ cost varies from device to device and region to region.
- AppleCare+ includes two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, Express Replacement Service, and 24/7 priority tech support.
- AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss includes two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, two incidents of theft or loss coverage every 12 months, Express Replacement Service, and 24/7 priority tech support. The coverage requires users to have Find My enabled on the device.
However, each incident is subject to service fees and deductibles:
- Screen or back glass damage – $29
- Other accidental damage – $99
- Theft or loss – $149
How to extend AppleCare+ coverage
Apple customers can purchase new AppleCare+ coverage within 30 days of the expiration of the original coverage.
After paying upfront for a Care+ plan, customers are eligible to purchase new coverage that renews monthly for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch and purchase new coverage that renews annually for Mac.
- Apple Maps’ cycling directions are now available across U.S., all 50 states
- Applications for Apple Entrepreneur Camp now open for female, Black, and Hispanic/Latinx app founders
- Apple releases new video that answers frequently asked concerns of users switching from Android to iPhone
- Apple relaunches Beats Pill+ speaker, a custom-edition inspired by the Sonoran Desert
- Apple enlists eight Macs (2015-2016) as vintage products including 27-inch iMac, MacBook Pro and others
- Apple lifts mask mandates for corporate employees at “most locations“