iOS 16 is finally out and like any other major software update, it has some kinks that need to be addressed. One of the issues users are facing is with Assistive Touch. According to numerous reports, the accessibility feature is not functioning as it should after the installation of iOS 16. If your iPhone is also affected, try this workaround.
Assistive Touch not functioning properly after iOS 16 update
When you use Assistive Touch, a button appears on the display of your iPhone. The button can be dragged anywhere on the screen and it stays there until you move it again. However, some iPhone users are not able to move the button even though the feature itself is functioning properly.
A ton of users have shared their issues with Assistive Touch on social media. According to this Reddit user, they have also not been able to move the button around the screen after installing iOS 16.
Anyone else having trouble with Assistive Touch? Since updating to iOS16, I haven’t been able to move it around the screen, which was utterly convenient. Now it just stays at the bottom right corner and blocks buttons/text at the same area. Is there a fix to this? Aside from, of course, turning it off or adjusting its idle opacity. Lol. Thank you!
It is likely that Apple will fix this issue in a future iOS 16 update. However, in the meantime, toggle the Assistive Touch feature on/off and it should start functioning normally.
If you haven’t done so already, learn how to install iOS 16 on your iPhone here.
- How to unsend an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- How to edit an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- Want to enable Dark Mode on a Lock Screen wallpaper on iOS 16? Here’s how
- iOS 16 battery percentage is only available on these iPhone models
- iOS 16 removes older iPhone wallpapers and Live Wallpapers support
- Download iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro wallpapers in full resolution
- Here are the top iOS 16 features to try on your iPhone
- Downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 with these simple steps
- iOS 16 delayed features: iCloud Shared Photo Library, Live Activities, Matter support and more
- iPhone stuck in bootloop after iOS 16 update? Here’s a fix
- Battery drain after iOS 16 update? Here’s what you should do