Apple-owned weather app “Dark Sky” is updated to version 6.8.7. The latest update includes bug fixes and performance improvements on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. For a monthly subscription, the weather app provides minute-by-minute weather coverage with beautiful weather animations, time machine, push notifications, and other features.
Apple acquired the Dark Sky app in March 2020 for an unknown amount and in August that year, the company discontinued the app on Android and WearOS devices. The app has a 4.7-star rating on the App Store. Apple recently allowed users to rate and review its pre-installed apps on the App Store.
Updated Dark Sky weather app fix incorrect location issue on Apple Watch
The updated app resolves the issue of the weather information appearing blank and more importantly, it fixes the issue which showed incorrect location on Apple Watch. Here are the complete release notes:
- Fixes an issue that could cause weather information for current location to appear blank
- Addresses an issue on Apple Watch that could cause the current location to be incorrect
- Stability and performance improvements
How to add the Dark Sky weather app on Apple Watch
In the app’s 6.8.6 update, the complications on Apple Watch update more frequently which makes it a good complication to view the latest weather conditions at a glance. So to download the app on Apple Watch, make sure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are updated to the latest iOS 15 and watchOS 8 version to be able to enjoy all the new features and bug fixes. Currently, the app is only available in the US, UK, and Ireland.
- Tap on the App Store icon on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on the ‘search field to type in Dark Sky.
- Simply tap on the app to download.
If you have the Dark Sky app on your iPhone already.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select My Watch > General, then enable the ‘Automatic App Install’ option.
- Navigate back to the My Watch section to install the available apps on the Apple Watch.
Download the Dark Sky app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store for $3.99.