The new energy and battery usage settings are designed to help users get the most out of their device’s battery life. These settings include:
- Energy usage: This setting shows you how much energy your device is using, both in real-time and over some time. This information can help you identify which apps or processes are using the most power and take steps to reduce their power consumption.
- Battery level: This setting shows you the current battery level of your device. You can also see how much time you have until your device runs out of power.
- Battery saver: This setting turns on automatically when your battery level falls below a certain threshold. Battery saver helps to extend your battery life by reducing the power consumption of your device. You can also manually turn on the battery saver at any time.
- Energy recommendations: This setting provides suggestions on how to improve your device’s energy efficiency. These suggestions may include things like turning down the screen brightness, closing unused apps, or switching to a different power plan.
The new energy and battery usage settings offer a number of benefits, including:
- Increased battery life: By giving you more control over your device’s power consumption, the new settings can help you extend your battery life by up to 20%.
- Improved performance: By reducing the power consumption of your device, the new settings can also improve its performance.
- Reduced carbon footprint: By helping you use less power, the new settings can help you reduce your device’s carbon footprint.
In this guide, we will show you how to enable the new Energy & battery usage settings in Windows 11.
Here is how to enable Windows 11’s new energy and battery usage settings
- Open the GitHub website and download the ViveTool-vx.x.x.zip file.
- Double-click the zip folder.
- Click the Extract All button.
- Click the Extract button.
- Copy the path to the folder.
- Open a Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type the following command to navigate to the ViveTool folder > press Enter on the keyboard:
Remember to change the path with your path.
- Type the following command to enable the Energy & battery usage settings and press Enter on the keyboard:
vivetool /enable /id:44663396,44663406
- Restart your computer.
- When done, the next time you open the Settings app, you will find the new Energy & battery usage settings under the “Power” or “Power & battery” page.