HomePass for HomeKit is now available on the Mac App Store. As a universal app, HomePass is can be easily accessed on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. The app is designed to save codes and manage HomeKit accessories on iOS and iPadOS devices.
HomeKit has a diverse range of compatible Apple and third-party accessories to manage smart homes like bulbs, cameras, locks, thermostats, and much more. All of the smart home accessories come with access codes to control them via iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices. However, if users lose or forget the code, then they can not use the accessory rendering it useless. Therefore, an app like HomePass for HomeKit is designed to avoid such incidents.
HomePass for HomeKit now available on Mac
By making the HomePass for HomeKit a universal app, the developer has made it available to Mac users as well. This additional access device will make it more convenient for users to manage and monitor their smart HomeKit devices.
Existing users will be able to use the app for free on their Macs and new users will be able to access the app on all Apple products after paying once in a lifetime fee.
The app offers the following features:
- HomeKit codes anywhere, synced to iCloud
- Import Existing Accessories – HomePass offers the ability to easily import your existing accessories, just input the device’s setup code yourself or scan it with either the camera or NFC.
- Custom Accessories – Add any accessories you have that aren’t in HomeKit now, simply fill in the details as needed.
- Dark Mode
- Export and Backup – Export your HomeKit codes to a PDF ready for printing, sharing, or storage on iCloud Drive. Automatic PDF backup allows you to upload a PDF on every change to iCloud Drive. This provides you peace of mind with multiple backups of your HomeKit codes.
HomePass for HomeKit is available on the App Store for free and has a $2.99 once in lifetime fee. It requires iOS 13.0 or later, macOS 10.15 or later, and watchOS 6.0 or later. Developer Pearce also offers HomeCam for HomeKit, HomeRun for HomeKit, and HomeScan for HomeKit available across Apple products.
- Roku will add Apple HomeKit and AirPlay 2 support in its upcoming OS update
- HomePod mini announced with S5 chip, smarter Siri and computational audio