A great feature that Zoom has is the ability for meeting host to create polls. Polls are a great way to gather feedback from participants. Zoom allows you to create multiple-choice polls or single-choice polls. You can see the results live and can even make the polls anonymous. Here’s how you can use this feature.
Create Polls in Zoom Meetings
Before being able to create polls, there are a few prerequisites. Firstly, the meeting must be either a scheduled meeting, or an instant meeting using your personal meeting ID. The host user type must also be licensed.
The app version should be as per following:
- Windows Desktop Client Version 3.5.63382.0829 or higher
- Mac Desktop Client Version 3.5.63439.0829 or higher
- Linux Desktop Client version 2.0.70790.1031 or higher
Users can participate in the polls on their iOS or Android Zoom mobile app but, the host needs to use the desktop Zoom application to manage the polls.
How to enable Polls in Zoom
Before creating polls, you need to enable the polling option. To do that, sign in to Zoom and go to Account Settings under Account Management. These options will be found in under Admin.
Then you will end up in the Meeting tab. From there, scroll down until you find the polling option. Lastly, you just have to toggle the slider to enable polling.
How to create a poll on Zoom
Follow the below steps as a meeting host to create a poll:
- Schedule a meeting. If you have already done that, go to the Meetings page and click on your scheduled meeting.
- If you scroll to the bottom of the meeting management page, you will find the Poll option. Click Add to start creating a poll.
- Enter your poll questions and a title.
- Type in the answers to the poll question and click Save.
- To add a new question, you can click Add a question.
- You can add more polls by repeating step 2. The maximum number of polls you can create for a single meeting is 25.
- You can choose to make the poll anonymous.
- You can only select if you want the participants to choose one answer or you can give them to option to select multiple options.
How to launch a poll
- Start a Zoom meeting that has polling enabled.
- Click Polls in the meeting controls
- Select the poll you would like to launch and click Launch Poll.
- Following that, the participants in the meeting will able to participate in the poll and the host will be able to see the results in real time.
- When you would like the poll to end, click End Poll.
- You can also choose to share the results of the poll with the participants by clicking Share Results.
You can also download a report of the poll results. If the poll was anonymous, the participants will be listed as “anonymous”. If registrations were turned on, it will list the names and email addresses of the participants. And if registration was turned off, it will list the participants as “Guest”.
- Download colorful Pokémon Go backgrounds for Zoom video calls and more
- Meeter is a free macOS app which lets users quickly join online meetings on Zoom and Hangout
- How to make your online Zoom meetings more secure
- Best Zoom alternatives for video call and conferencing