Apple has been testing tvOS 15.6 beta with developers and public beta testers. Here is how you can install tvOS 15.6 beta on Apple TV.
Apple had previously released tvOS 15 with Spatial Audio for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max, stereo output support for HomePod mini, Fitness+ updates, redesigned video player, and a new “Shared with You” section in the TV app.
Install tvOS 15.6 beta on Apple TV
Installing a public beta is as simple as going to Settings > System > Software Update, and enabling ‘Get Beta Updates’.
Installing a developer beta on an Apple TV is a lot more complicated than a public beta. You will need the following to get started:
- Apple Developer Account (costs $99/month) to get the configuration profile.
- The latest version of Xcode
- The latest version of Apple Configurator
- Apple TV setup and connected to the same WiFi network as your Mac. Apple TV HD, Apple TV 4K (2017), and Apple TV 4K (2021) are supported.
Now that you have the requirements out of the way, here’s what you need to do:
- Download the developer config profile from Apple Developer Center downloads section. Keep this profile on your desktop for easy access.
- Open Xcode on your Mac go to Windows > Device & Simulators and keep it open.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices. Click on Remote App and Devices.
- Wait for Apple TV to discover your Mac. Once it appears, click on Apple TV in the Xcode Devices & Simulators section that you opened in step 2. You will get a code on your Apple TV, use it to pair Xcode with it.
- Open Apple Configurator on your Mac, and click on your Apple TV. Drag the profile (from step 1) to the Apple TV icon in Apple Configurator to enroll it for developer beta updates.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > System > Software Update and click on Update Software to download tvOS 15.6 developer beta.
- How to install iPadOS 15.6 beta on iPad
- How to install iOS 15.6 beta on iPhone
- How to install watchOS 8.7 beta on Apple Watch