Just a day before iPhone 14 Pro ships, Apple has pushed out a new iOS 16.0.1 update exclusive to all iPhone 14 models. This update fixes issues with activation and migration during set up, as well as a few other bugs. This day one patch should be available for users to install as soon as they connect their iPhone 14 to the Internet.
iOS 16.0.1 for iPhone 14 models
Reviewers who have iPhone 14 models have been sharing that they’ve received the update on their devices. The update apparently fixes issues with activation and migration during iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro set up, however, none of the reviewers had shared any such issues so far.
The update also fixes an issue with Photos appearing soft when zooming in landscape mode on iPhone 14 Pro Max, as well as enterprise single sign-on apps failing to authenticate.
Here are the complete release notes for this update:
This update is recommended for all users and provides important bug fixes for your iPhone including the following:
– Fixes an issue with activation and migration during set up of iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
– Photos may appear soft when zooming in landscape orientation on iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Enterprise single sign-on apps may fail to authenticate
The update should be available to install during iPhone set up, as soon as you connect to the Internet.
Apple also released iOS 16.1 beta for iPhone yesterday which includes a few features that were either delayed or announced late by Apple. This update will be released to all users in October.
- iOS 16.1 beta extends the Battery Percentage UI to iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 12 mini and others
- These iOS 16 features are exclusive to select iPhone models
- iOS 16 charging on hold notification – here’s what it means for your iPhone battery
- How to unsend an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- How to edit an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- Want to enable Dark Mode on a Lock Screen wallpaper on iOS 16? Here’s how
- iOS 16 battery percentage is only available on these iPhone models
- iOS 16 removes older iPhone wallpapers and Live Wallpapers support
- Download iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro wallpapers in full resolution
- Here are the top iOS 16 features to try on your iPhone
- Downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 with these simple steps
- iOS 16 delayed features: iCloud Shared Photo Library, Live Activities, Matter support and more
- iPhone stuck in bootloop after iOS 16 update? Here’s a fix
- How to install iOS 16 on iPhone
- Battery drain after iOS 16 update? Here’s what you should do
- iOS 16 home screen search button can be disabled – here’s how