Apple has released iPadOS 14.7, almost two days after it released iOS 14.7. The update features support for Apple Card Family merge, multiple timers on HomePod via the Home app, fixes for Podcasts and Mail apps, and more.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iPadOS 14.7?
iPadOS 14.7 is a minor update and features small updates and bug fixes. The focus is mostly on fixing issues with built-in apps such as Apple Music, and Mail. The update also adds the ability to add timers to HomePod from the Home app, as well as merge credit limits for Apple Card family users. Apple has also updated the Podcasts app with the ability to see all shows or just followed shows.
Here are the complete release notes from Apple:
iPadOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPad:
– Apple Card family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share Playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
– Audio may skip when using USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapters with iPad
Does your iPad support iPadOS 14.7?
iPadOS 14.7 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPad Air 2 and later
- iPad 5th generation and later
- iPad mini 4 and later
How to upgrade to iPadOS 14.7?
Using Software Update
To upgrade to iPadOS 14.7, go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPad and wait for the update to appear. Once it shows up, tap on the download button. The update might take some time to download and install depending on your devices and Internet connection speed. Make sure that your device has at least 50% battery charge and is connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network so that you do not run into any issues.
Using Finder or iTunes and IPSW files
You can also upgrade to iPadOS 14.7 by connecting your iPad to your Mac or Windows PC using a cable, opening up the Files app (in macOS) or iTunes (in Windows), and downloading the software update. You can also download the IPSW file using the links below for your device, and use the Files app or iTunes to restore it to your device. Make sure that you have backed up your data before following this step though.
iPadOS 14.7 IPSW files
- 11-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (5th generation)
- 11.in. iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (7th and 8th generations)
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- watchOS 7.6 released with ECG and Irregular Rhythm Notifications in 30 new regions
- tvOS 14.7 released for Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K