Apple has published a new iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro guided tour on YouTube which provides a detailed walkthrough of the new features in the smartphones like colors, cinematic mode, battery improvements, ProMotion display, macro photography, and more. The video does a great job in explaining how these features work, which one of them are exclusive to iPhone 13 Pro models, and which ones are available on all of them.
iPhone 13 pre-orders opened up today so this seems like the right time for Apple to tell customers how they can decide which model is the best one for them. With four different models, it is not always easy to decide.
iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro guided tour
The clear purpose of the video is to tell viewers that they can find the right iPhone 13 model from the line-up of new iPhones that works best for them. The video starts in an Apple Store where a ‘creative pro’ starts the guided tour by talking about the new iPhone 13 colors. To give brief demonstrations and tutorials of the various features, he later goes outside and visits various places such as a movie film set.
These outdoor scenes demonstrate:
- How users can easily use cinematic mode to capture professional-looking videos with depth effects and rack focus
- Improved low-light video capture performance on all new iPhones
- Ceramic shield and water resistance by putting all the iPhone 13 in tough situations by “accident”
- Battery life improvements on all new iPhones, including iPhone 13 mini which has the smallest battery, allowing for all-day usage
- Super Retina XDR Display with ProMotion, available only on iPhone 13 Pro models. This is the new 120Hz adaptive refresh rate feature that not only allows for a smooth user interface but also goes down to as low as 10Hz to save battery life.
- Photographic styles: another new exclusive iPhone 13 feature available on all models. It provides a consistent look to all photos captured from the iPhone 13 Pro camera, based on the user’s taste. Unlike normal filters, it intelligently applies the changes to photos right in the image pipeline.
- Macro photography, available only on iPhone 13 Pro models via the Ultra Wide camera.
- 3x zoom, yet another iPhone 13 Pro exclusive feature, has been increased from 2x zoom available on iPhone 12 Pro models.
Check out the complete guided tour video below.
- iPhone 13 Pro benchmarks show A15 is up to 18% faster than A14 in CPU performance
- The pocket-friendly new iPad mini 6 is better than iPad Air 4
- iPhone 13 Pro vs. iPhone 13 Pro Max: which model should you buy?
- iPhone 13 Pro camera vs. iPhone 12 Pro camera – all you need to know
- For the same price, iPhone 13 camera is more advanced than iPhone 12’s: features comparison