- Many apps in App Store might want you to have iOS 4.0.2 to install. This app will let you install them without upgrading your OS
- Without upgrading your iOS, you will be able to preserve your Jailbreak done by JailbreakMe.
- iTunes won’t bug you to update your iOS to 4.0.2 anymore.
To install Firmware 4.0.2 App, here’s what to do:
- Make sure you’re using iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1
- It should be jailbroken. Use JailbreakMe for that.
- Open up Cydia and go to the search tab.
- Type in Firmware 4.0.2 App and install it.The great thing about this app is that it will also install the PDF patch by Saurik, effectively giving you a virtual 4.0.2 upgrade with the security as well. Make sure you reboot your iPhone or iPod Touch after installing this app before connecting to iTunes.
If you run into any issues or have any questions, put them down in the comments and we’ll be glad to help you out.
Update: Weirdly, 4.0.2 Firmware Spoof has disappeared from Cydia. As soon as it’s back again, we’ll let you know.
Here’s the direct download link for the .deb file for those advanced users who can SSH into their iPhone and install it via Cydia.