Kindle 2.0 is now available in the App Store which is specially optimized for the iPad. The Kindle App for iPhone and iPod touch was available from last March and now its latest version is also available for iPad users. The App is designed to support the high resolution display of iPad. With this app you can read over 450,000 books available in the Kindle Store, including the latest best sellers and new releases.
The new version of Kindle app is in competition with Apple’s own iBooks App for iPad with is not yet available for iPhone or iPad touch. Like the iBooks apps, Kindle app is also free. One great thing about this app is that it can be used to read the books that you already have purchased for your Kindle, iPhone, Windows PC, Mac or a BlackBerry.
The user interface of the Kindle app looks good and the screen shot shows that the reading experience of the Kindle app will be just like that of iBooks. In comparison to the iBooks bookshelf, Kindle have their home library with pinch, zoom, scrolling and page turning animation functionalities just as iBook.
Some new features of Kindle App foe iPad features listed on iTunes are :
• New beautiful user interface tailored to the size, look, and feel of the iPad
• New Home library view with pinch, zoom and scrolling support
• New page turning animation that replicates the look of turning a page in a book. Customers who prefer a simpler, unadorned reading experience can use the default “Basic Reading Mode” option to turn off animation
• Adjustable screen brightness within the app to help reduce eye strain
• This initial Kindle for iPad release has only been tested on the official iPad simulator provided by Apple