The next-generation 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pro with the M2 chip will deliver faster performance and advanced features like the next-level Apple Pencil hover experience, ProRes video capture, faster Wi-Fi 6E connectivity, and more.
Here is a list of additional information about the new M2 iPad Pro which Apple did not include in their launch press release.
Here is additional information about the new M2 iPad Pro
We have found a few tidbits about the new iPad Pro models with an M2 chip:
- ProRes video recording in 4K up to 60 fps with the 12MP Wide camera.
- Wi‑Fi 6E will not be available in China mainland and Japan
- Supports Bluetooth 5.3 technology
- Does not support GSM/EDGE
- 5G mmWave still not expanded beyond the United States
- 16GB memory is only available with 1TB and 2TB storage models and other 128Gb, 256GB, and 512Gb offer 8GB of memory.
SIM and eSIM
- Still features a SIM card tray even with eSIM support in the United States.
- “iPad Pro” is embossed on the back of the tablets
Both 11-inch and 12.9-inch M2 iPad Pro are available for order at Apple.com with October 26 availability.
Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing said that the combined power of the advanced processor and iPadOS 16 innovation will offer users an experience like nothing else.
“The next-generation iPad Pro pushes the boundaries of what’s possible on iPad, bringing even more versatility, power, and portability to the ultimate iPad experience. Powered by the M2 chip, the new iPad Pro features incredible performance and the most advanced technologies, including a next-level Apple Pencil hover experience, ProRes video capture, superfast wireless connectivity, and powerful iPadOS 16 features. There’s nothing else like it.”