Apple has released macOS 13.3 to all users with twenty-one new emojis, bug fixes, and various other improvements. The update is available for all compatible Mac models via over-the-air software update.
What’s new in macOS 13.3?
macOS 13.3 features 21 new emoji which include a new hand gesture, three new heart colors, and more. The update also adds a remove background option to the Freeform app, which was previously released in the Photos app. Apple has also expanded Photos duplicates album support to detect duplicate photos and videos in iCloud Shared Photo Library. The update also adds transliteration support for additional language keyboards, while new keyboard layouts have also been added for new languages.
Here are the complete release notes from Apple for the update:
This update includes new emoji along with other enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates for your Mac.
- 21 new emoji, including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in emoji keyboard
- Remove background option in Freeform automatically isolates the subject in your image
- Photos duplicates album expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Transliteration support for Gujarati, Punjabi, and Urdu keyboards
- New keyboard layouts for Choctaw, Chickasaw, Akan, Hausa, and Yoruba
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Resolves an issue where Trackpad gestures may occasionally stop responding
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses an issue where VoiceOver may be unresponsive after using the Finder
This update also features 30 security fixes. You can read more about them here.
- iOS 16.4 and macOS 13.3 add new action options to the Shortcuts app
- iOS 16.4 brings new order tracking widget for Apple Pay purchases
- Apple Podcasts app updated with new features in iOS 16.4, iPadOS 6.4 and macOS 13.3
- Apple adds support for PlayStation 5 DualSense Edge controller in iOS 16.4
- Use Memotify to create custom memoji wallpaper for iOS 16