Nintendo Switch Online app has released Splatoon 3 widgets for iOS and Android for players to quickly check battle logs, current gear, and more. Splatoon is one of Nintendo’s most popular adventure and single online shooter franchises.
The Nintendo Switch Online app allows users to enjoy select Nintendo Switch games on mobile. They can access game-specific services, use voice chat during online play, view online friends, and more.
Currently, Splatoon 3, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Splatoon 2 are available on the Nintendo Switch Online app.
Nintendo Switch Online app now lets players add Splatoon 3 widgets to their iPhone Home Screen
Apple introduced Home Screen widgets on iOS 14 released in 2020 and almost after 2 years, Nintendo has finally caught up to the new mobile tech.
In the latest version 2.3.0 of the Nintendo Switch Online app, the company has rolled out three new Splatoon 3 widgets for iOS and Android players to add to their mobile Home Screen to quickly view the following information at a glance:
- Check battle logs to view wins and defeats
- Stage Schedule information of the upcoming stage rotation for different game modes
- Album of the pictures captured from the game
- Current gear
As each widget has a different size (from large to small), the display information varies according to its size. The update also includes minor changes for performance improvements.
Previously, the company announced that the new updates of the Nintendo Switch Online app would only be available on iPhone and iPad models running iOS 14.0 or later and iPadOS 14.0 or later. The Nintendo Switch Online app is available on the App Store.
- 9 wallpaper apps to use for iOS 16’s lock screen
- Microsoft to delist SwiftKey app from iOS App Store on October 5
- Square launches “Tap to Pay” on iOS for merchants in the United States
- AirPods Pro 2 engraving shows in iOS connection pop-up too
- Instagram users can now delete their account straight from the iOS app