Pokémon Go team is bringing back ‘Community Day Voting’ for trainers. With a few changes from the previous Community Day in February, trainers will vote for their favorite creatures in the wild and the two Pokémon with most votes will be featured in the next Community Days.
Starting on May 24 till May 23, players will choose and cast their votes for Pokémon from a list of pre-selected candidates. Two creatures of Pokémon world, a winner and runner-up, will be features in June and July the Community Days.
Each with special attacks and combat abilities, Squirtle, Weedle, Sandshrew and Ghastly, are the Community Day candidates. You can read their attack types in detail here.
How to Campaign and Vote for your Pokémon
To give a complete voting experience, Developer Niantic will allow trainers to not only vote but also to campaign for their creatures.
- On May 23, Saturday, the team will post a poll on the Pokémon Go official Twitter account at 6:00 p.m. PDT.
- By 6:00 p.m. PDT on May 24, Sunday, Trainers will have 24 hours to vote for their favorite creature once via the posted poll.
- Trainers are given a chance to campaign for Pokémon they will see the most in June and July #PokemonGOCommunityDay hashtag. Starting from now till the 6:00 Sunday May 24, trainers have time to convince others to vote for their preferred candidate.
If the #PokemonGOCommunityDay poll were happening today, which Pokémon would you vote for?
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) May 18, 2020
Both winners will be announced on Sunday, after tabulation of votes. The winning Pokémon will be featured in June Community Day, and the Pokémon in second place will be featured in July Community Day. Personally, I can not wait to see the creative campaigns in support of trainer’s creatures on social media.
Pokémon Go Community Day
Developer Niantic, very creatively, keeps trainers engaged in the game. Community Day and Voting are just the right examples of that. As once a month event, Community Day serves as a chance for trainers to encounter and capture a specific Pokémon appearing frequently. A variety of rare or uncommon creatures are selected to appear during a specific time frame in each timezone on that day.
The poll is just a few days away, so trainers start rooting for the Pokémon you want to see more of in June and July.
Stay tuned to iThinkDifferent for the latest Pokémon Go news.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Season 2 is starting on May 11
- Download colorful Pokémon Go backgrounds for Zoom video calls and more
- PokéCoin system in Pokémon Go will be getting new features in future updates