AirTags are yet to be announced by Apple, but a couple of accessories for the highly awaited product has already leaked online. Apple’s rumored AirTags have supposedly been in development for quite some time now and teased at various points over the last twelve months.
A case accessory from Cyrill, a sub-brand of Spigen, for the Cupertino tech giant’s rumored AirTags has been listed online for pre-order with a shipping date of late October 2020 which has created confusion.
Leaked images of the rumored AirTags accessories leaked online
The storefront listing is for a case accessory named ‘Basic Leather – Black’ and said to be ‘for AirTag’. The features of the accessory note:
- Stylish and classy vegan leather strap case perfect accessory for minimalist
- Firm button clasp keeps your AirTag securely
- Hang your AirTag on your bag, key, wallets, clutches with stylish gold clip-on carabiner
- Wireless charging compatible.
- CYRILL Basic Leather strap case for Apple AirTag (2020)
The listing on Cyrill’s website shows a delivery date in late October 2020. Time has passed and Apple did not release the product. It could possibly mean that Apple was supposed to release the product in 2020 but could not due to unknown reasons. Similar listings from the same company on Amazon shows the same accessory in a different color.
Even though we can not make much from the wrong-dated listings, at least one listing mentions that the AirTags are compatible with wireless charging. This could very well indicate that users might be able to charge their AirTags wirelessly via wireless charger or even their iPhone.
The latest reports suggest that the Cupertino tech giant could announce the long-awaited AirTags in coming March at an event, however, given the previously missed windows, an exact launch date remains a mystery. We will know more once Apple weighs in on the conversation.
What are your thoughts about the AirTags? Let us know in the comments below!
- Safari URL allows access to hidden Find My Items tab for AirTags
- Third-Party designer Nomad to launch AirTags Keychain and glasses strap this year
- Tile could release an ultra-wideband tracker before Apple’s AirTags launch
- Apple will launch AirTags and AR devices with other products in 2021 – Report