Samuel L. Jackson has signed on to star in The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey, a new limited series set to premiere on Apple TV+. The series is based on the novel of the same name written by Walter Mosley.
Apple TV+ is the Cupertino tech giant’s video streaming service which offers a ton of original content including talk shows, movies, documentaries, and more. Since its launch in 2019, the service has won several awards and nominations for titles like Peanuts, The Morning Show, and others.
Samuel L. Jackson to star in upcoming Apple TV+ series, ‘The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey’
The limited series follows the story of Grey, a 91-year-old man with dementia who temporarily gains his memory back and uses his lucidity to solve his nephew’s death, which involved a drive-by shooting.
“The six-episode series is based on the novel of the same name by Walter Mosley, who will adapt the book for the screen. Jackson stars as the titular Ptolemy Grey, a 91 year old man forgotten by his family, by his friends, by even himself. On the brink of sinking even deeper into a lonely dementia, Ptolemy experiences a seismic shift when he’s given the tremendous opportunity to briefly regain his memories, and uses this precious and fleeting lucidity to solve his nephew’s death and come to terms with his past.”
In addition to starring in the series, Jackson will also work as a producer. The actor previously worked with Apple when he starred alongside Anthony Mackie in The Apple TV+ film, The Banker.
To enjoy the show when it premiers, users will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV Plus is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ to air its animated series, “The Snoopy Show” on February 5, 2021
- Apple TV+ offers viewers the behind the scenes of ‘Earth at Night in Color’
- Apple TV Plus releases teaser trailer for ‘Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry’
- Apple TV Plus orders ‘Gutsy Women’ docuseries starring Chelsea and Hillary Clinton
- Apple TV Plus inks deal for Spanish comedy ‘Acapulco’ starring Eugenio Derbez
- Apple TV+ releases trailer for holiday special, “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special”