Dickinson, a dark comedy about poet Emily Dickinson, is making a comeback with season 2. One of the first shows to hit Apple TV+ when it launched in November 2019, Dickinson is one of the platform’s first shows to receive a second season and has already been renewed for a third.
The series was a success when its first season debuted with Apple TV+ in 2019. It was renewed for a second season even before it aired, and went on to win a Peabody Award in the entertainment category.
Apple TV+ ‘Dickinson’ season 2 arriving on January 8, 2021
Dickinson is a historical drama that follows the life of Emily Dickinson, played by Hailee Steinfeld. It takes viewers into the world of Emily, a woman exploring the confinements of society, gender, and family from the perspective of a young writer who does not fit into society due to her imaginative point of view.
Season two will pick up with the main character Emily Dickinson being dragged out of her private bookish life, and forced into the public eye. The teaser trailer for the new season has the character asking “should I seek fame?”.
The star-studded cast includes Jane Krakowski, Anna Baryshnikov, Ella Hunt, Toby Huss, and Adrian Blake Enscoe along with some new additions like Nick Kroll as Edgar Allan Poe and Timothy Simons as Frederick Law Olmsted. Wiz Khalifa will also return as Death.
“Dickinson” season two will debut on Friday, January 8, 2021, on Apple TV+. To enjoy the show when it premiers, users will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV Plus is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
Check out the trailer for season two of Dickinson below:
- Samuel L. Jackson to star in upcoming Apple TV+ series, ‘The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey’
- Apple TV+ to air its animated series, “The Snoopy Show” on February 5, 2021
- Apple TV+ offers viewers the behind the scenes of ‘Earth at Night in Color’
- Apple TV Plus releases teaser trailer for ‘Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry’
- Apple TV Plus orders ‘Gutsy Women’ docuseries starring Chelsea and Hillary Clinton
- Apple TV Plus inks deal for Spanish comedy ‘Acapulco’ starring Eugenio Derbez
- Apple TV+ releases trailer for holiday special, “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special”