As expected, after feedback on various bugs by users, Spirit Jailbreak tool has gotten its first update. This update fixes the issue where jailbreaking your iDevice automatically deleted all the photos ( honestly, you folks should have backed up using iTunes! ) and it no longer gives error code c0000005, but if it still does, you’ll have to set compatibility to Windows 95.
From the Spirit website:
Update (May 3): I’ve updated the jailbreak tool. It no longer deletes photos (sorry!) and should resolve the issue with error code c0000005. (If you still get that error with the new version, try setting compatibility mode to Windows 95.)
Here’s how you can change the compatibility mode to Windows 95, if you still get the error. Right click on Spirit.exe and go to Properties. Switch to Compatibility tab, and make sure the compatibility mode matches the one shown below.
Obviously, this is for Windows users only. Enjoy!
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS with 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 with Spirit
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G/3G with OS 3.1.2/3.1.3 with Spirit (Untethered for all devices!)
- Jailbreak iPad OS 3.2 with Spirit
Also check out:
- Enable iPhone 3GS like Voice Control in iPad
- Make non-iPad apps run full screen (not just pixel-doubling) on the iPad!