Twitterrific is one of the oldest Twitter iPhone apps since the inception of the App Store but users would find it hard to tell if it is dated by any means. The developers have been working hard at churning out new features, improvements, and fixes to different parts of the app. The latest release, 5.5.3 brings a new layout for user profiles as well as a list of visual tweaks and bug fixes.
Twitterrific is available as a universal app for iPhone and iPad
Twitterrific is available as a universal app for iPhone and iPad and supports iOS 7 in terms of designs and features. Version 5 was a complete revamp of the app which was released not so long ago. While the likes of Tweetbot and the official Twitter app might have taken over the iOS Twitter app scene, Twitterrific is still a great alternate app.
The latest release includes the following change log:
• New layout for user profiles
• New pull-to-refresh animation
• View profile banners by tapping on them
• Swipe upwards on a photo in the image viewer to dismiss
• Various performance enhancements throughout the app
• Fixed a bug that prevented users from being displayed in people’s search
• Fixed a bug where the pull-to-refresh control would disappear
• Pinning the sidebar open on iPad doesn’t prevent VoiceOver timeline access
• Reauthorization is not needed after refreshing in the background while locked
• Scrolling past DMs and mentions now properly marks them as read
• Deleted tweets no longer re-appear after refreshing
• Fixes for various crashes on launch issues
The app is available for $2.99 for iOS at the moment which is a limited-time offer. Since it is a universal app, it works on both iPad and iPhone so you don’t have to pay separately for both devices.
Download Twitterrific for iOS