Across all reviews, the AirPods Max case is a big fail. From the magnet, shape, and material, everything about the AirPods Max case did not impress almost everyone. Luckily, third-party manufacturers are here to save the day. WaterField Design has launched the first third-party AirPods Max Shield Case which gives more protection of the very expensive over-the-ear headphones which Apple could not.
AirPods Max is an expensive but a great pair of headphones. Retailing for $549, Apple’s first over-the-ear headset has amazing sound quality, transparency mode, and active noise cancellation. The matte aluminum design and soft mesh cushions and magnetically attached ear cups are a big hit. However, as “unimpressive” as the smart case is, it is necessary to turn the headphones off to give longer battery life. Therefore, the most useful aspect of the WaterField Designs’ AirPods Max case is that it can house the headphone set with Apple’s own smart case.
WaterField Design gives a more secure AirPods Max case
WaterField Designs conducted a survey to get users’ feedback on what they wanted in the AirPods Max case and the users expected a compact, secure, protective, professional-looking case which has organizational sections for accessories.
The case has a magnetic butterfly flap which avoids the aluminum ear cups from abrasion and stretch by knocking against each other and also brings the headphones into low power mode without Apple’s smart case.
Here are the detailed features of the AirPods Max Shield case:
- Compact and custom-fitted to hold and protect AirPods Max with or without a Smart Case.
- Innovative Magnetic Leather Butterfly keeps ear cups separated and triggers AirPods Max low power mode to preserve battery life. The Butterfly lies flat when headphones are stowed inside the Apple Smart Case.
- Zip-around closure with dual zipper sliders allows for in-case charging.
- Top and bottom layers of closed-cell foam help disperse external forces and resist compression.
- Plush lining, as soft as a puppy’s ear, backed with additional soft foam keeps AirPods Max scratch-free.
- Stretch mesh pocket with a leather closure utilizes negative interior space to fit a 5W to 20W Apple Power Adapter and charging and headphone cords.
- Plush-lined exterior zippered pocket keeps extra cords, AirPods Pro, or other small electronic accessories readily accessible.
- Open-topped, stretch mesh, rear pocket stows an iPhone, and/or additional accessories.
- Top nylon loop facilitates a quick grab when carrying the case solo and hooks onto a carabiner for attaching to a strap or stashing the case inside another bag.
- Rugged black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas paired with full-grain leather and smooth waterproof zippers help protect headphones from the elements.
Available in four color options: brown, black, blue, and red, the case is available on sfbags.com for $99.
- AirPods Max vs Sony XM4 comparison: which one should you get?
- AirPods Max teardown reveals complicated assembly, two batteries, and more