Windows 11 2023 update, also known as version 23H2, is scheduled to be released on September 26, 2023. The update will be free for all Windows 11 users and delivered through Windows Update.
Table of Contents
Everything in the Windows 11 2023 feature update
Microsoft announced at its Surface and AI event on September 21, 2023, that the Windows 11 2023 Update (version 23H2) will be released on September 26, 2023. It will include a number of new features and improvements, including Copilot, AI-powered Paint, Improved Widgets board, and a lot more.
A new AI-powered assistant, Copilot, can help users find the information they need more quickly by providing search results from both local and online sources. Copilot can also launch apps more efficiently by suggesting the apps that the user is most likely to need at any given time.
To use Copilot, simply press the Windows key + C to open the Copilot sidebar. From there, users can type in their questions or requests, and Copilot will do its best to help users. For example, users can ask Copilot to write a function for them or to generate a blog post on a given topic.
The new version of Paint uses AI to help users create better art. For example, it can help users to fill in areas of their drawing with different colors or to create realistic shadows and highlights.
One of the most impressive features of AI-powered Paint is its ability to generate realistic images from text descriptions. For instance, users can type in “a cat sitting on a beach” and AI-powered Paint will generate an image of a cat sitting on a beach. Users can also use AI-powered Paint to colorize black-and-white images or to remove unwanted objects from images.
Improved Widgets board
The Widget board is now more customizable and easy to use. The Widgets board now includes more widgets, and users can resize and rearrange them to fit their needs.
Here are some of the key improvements:
- More widgets: The new Widgets board includes a wider variety of widgets, including widgets for weather, news, sports, finance, and more.
- Resizing and rearranging widgets: You can now resize and rearrange widgets to fit your needs. This gives you more control over the look and feel of your Widgets board.
- New features: Some widgets now include new features. For example, the weather widget now includes a forecast for the next week.
- Improved performance: The Widgets board has been optimized to improve performance. This means that it should launch and load widgets more quickly.
The taskbar has been updated to be more dynamic and responsive. The taskbar now shows the weather and news, and users can also use it to launch apps and perform other tasks more quickly.
Here are some of the key updates:
- Weather and news: The taskbar can now show the weather and news. This means that you can quickly check the weather forecast or read the latest news headlines without having to open any apps.
- Improved launching apps and performing tasks: You can now use the taskbar to launch apps and perform other tasks more quickly. For example, you can right-click on the Start button to open the Quick Access menu, which gives you quick access to your most frequently used apps and settings.
- New features: The taskbar also includes a number of new features, such as the ability to pin folders to the taskbar and to use the taskbar to switch between open windows.
New Win32 app isolation feature
The new Win32 app isolation feature in Windows 11 is designed to improve the security and reliability of Win32 apps. It does this by isolating Win32 apps from the rest of the system.
The Win32 app isolation feature is based on AppContainers. AppContainers are a technology that allows you to isolate apps from each other and from the operating system. This helps to improve security and reliability by preventing apps from interfering with each other or with the operating system.
Other changes and improvements
- Improved battery life: The update includes a number of changes that can help to improve battery life on laptops and other mobile devices.
- Faster performance: The update includes a number of optimizations that can improve the overall performance of Windows 11.
- Better accessibility: The update includes a number of new accessibility features that can make Windows 11 easier to use for people with disabilities.