Dealing with apps crashing on your iPhone after a major iOS update can be frustrating. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! This guide will walk you through a series of steps to resolve the issue and get your apps running smoothly on iOS 17.
Follow these straightforward instructions to troubleshoot and fix app crashes on your iPhone.
Learn how to fix apps crashing on iOS 17
1. Close and reopen the app
Sometimes, a simple app restart is all it takes to fix the issue of apps crashing.
- Double-press the home button (for older iPhone models) or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access the app switcher.
- Then, swipe the problematic app’s card up or off the screen to close it.
- Reopen the app to see if the issue is resolved.
2. Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone can often clear out temporary glitches causing app crashes.
- Press and hold the power button (or the power and volume down button on some models) until the slider appears.
- Slide to power off, wait a few seconds, and then turn your iPhone back on.
3. Update the problematic app
App developers frequently release updates to improve stability and compatibility with the latest iOS versions. Open the App Store, tap your profile picture, and scroll down to see pending updates. If the problematic app has an update available, tap ‘Update’ to install it.
4. Delete and reinstall the app
If an app continues to crash, it might have been corrupted during the iOS update.
- Delete the problematic app by pressing and holding its icon on the home screen.
- Then tap ‘Delete App.’ Afterward, visit the App Store, search for the app, and reinstall it.
6. Check for iOS updates
Apple often releases follow-up iOS updates to address performance and compatibility issues.
- Launch Settings.
- Tap General > Software Update. If an update is available, download and install it.
6. Clear app cache
Some apps accumulate cache data over time, which can lead to apps crashing.
- Go to Settings > [App Name] > Clear App Cache (if available). This option may vary depending on the app.
7. Restore from backup
If none of the above steps resolve the issue of apps crashing, consider restoring your iPhone to factory settings. Ensure you back up your data via iCloud or iTunes first.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Afterward, you can restore your data from the backup you created.
8. Contact app support
If the app continues to crash even after all troubleshooting steps, reach out to the app’s support team. They may be aware of the issue and working on a solution.
We hope this guide helped you learn how to fix apps crashing on iOS 17. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.