Microsoft has announced Windows 7 availability dates for MSDN and TechNet subscribers as well as Partners, ISV, IHV and OEMs.
- MSDN and TechNet subscribers will get Windows 7 RTM on 6th August.
- ISV (Independent software vendor) and IHV (Independent hardware vendor) Partners will be able to download Windows 7 RTM from Microsoft Connect or MSDN on August 6th.
- Microsoft Partner Program Gold/Certified Members will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English through the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) Portal on August 16th. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.
- Microsoft Action Pack Subscribers will be about to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 23rd. By October 1st, the remaining languages will become available to download.
- OEMs will receive Windows 7 RTM software images beginning approximately 2 days after we officially RTM, as a little time is required to release and distribute these images.
- For Business Customers: Volume License (VL) customers with an existing Software Assurance (SA) license will be able to download Windows 7 RTM in English starting August 7th via the Volume License Service Center (VLSC). The rest of the languages for Windows 7 RTM should be available within a couple of weeks after that.
- Volume License customers without a SA license will be able to purchase Windows 7 through Volume Licensing on September 1st.
- General Availability : 22nd October
Family Pack for Windows 7 has also been confirmed:
We have heard a lot of feedback from beta testers and enthusiasts over the last 3 years that we need a better solution for homes with multiple PCs. I’m happy to confirm that we will indeed be offering a family pack of Windows 7 Home Premium (in select markets) which will allow installation on up to 3 PCs.
So, we finally know when we’ll get Windows 7 RTM in our hands. Windows 7 RTM FAQ will be updated shortly with this information.