Apple recently released iOS 15 to the public with many new features and improvements to built-in apps. Since the software update has been newly released, it is bound to be littered with bugs and issues that might have an impact on your user experience. If you are facing Wi-Fi issues on iOS 15, you can try the tips below to fix them.
How to fix Wi-Fi issues on iOS 15
1. Restart iPhone
If you start expiring Wi-Fi issues on iOS 15, try restarting your iPhone before doing anything else. Power your iPhone down, wait a minute, and then power it back on. A quick reboot can have a huge impact on your device’s performance.
- If you own an iPhone X or newer, press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears. If your iPhone has a Home button, press and hold the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
2. Reboot Router
If a reboot does not fix your Wi-Fi issues, try to restart your router. It may be possible that the issue you are facing has to do with the network rather than the software update.
3. Reset Network Settings
If you are still facing Wi-Fi issues on iOS 15, you can reset your network settings. Note that this will make your iPhone forget Wi-Fi networks, their passwords, as well as Bluetooth settings.
- Launch Settings > Rest.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
4. Forget Wi-Fi
Another thing you can try is forcing your iPhone to forget a Wi-Fi network and pairing it again since the issues can also be caused by the pairing process rather than a software update.
- Launch Settings.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- You will now see a list of connected Wi-Fi networks. Tap on the ‘i‘ next to a device.
- On the next page, tap on Forget this Network.
- Finally, connect to the network from scratch.
5. Restore iPhone
If none of the other fixes resolve your Wi-Fi issues on iOS 15, you may need to restore your iPhone. It is important to keep a backup of your data before erasing your iPhone.
- Launch Settings > General.
- Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
We hope this guide helps you out in fixing Wi-Fi issues on iOS 15. Good luck!
- 6 tips to fix iOS 15 battery drain issues
- How to stop photos from Messages appearing in Shared with You in iOS 15
- iOS 15 Safari: how to move address bar back to top
- How to use Announce Notifications with Siri in iOS 15
- How to use iOS 15 portrait video and audio effects in any app including Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok
- How to use Spotlight to search for photos in iOS 15
- How to use Background Sounds in iOS 15 to focus, stay calm or rest
- How to edit the date, time, or location of photos in iOS 15
- How to make a FaceTime call to Android users on iOS 15