As announced on WWDC 2020, Apple began introducing a new Mac lineup powered by custom-built Apple Silicon in November 2020. The company inaugurated its transition from Intel processors to M1 Apple Silicon with the launch of 13-inch M1 MacBook Air, 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro, and M1 Mac mini in 2020. Recently, the company unveiled the 24-inch M1 iMac in April 2021.
All Apple Silicon Macs have received great reviews owing to the revolutionary M1 chip and incredible battery life which have improved daily tasks, video callings, editing, and gaming experiences by many folds. Now, to attack businesses to switch to M1 Macs, Apple has shared 11 compelling reasons.
The Apple Silicon is the #1 reason for businesses to switch to M1 Macs
Here are Apple’s 11 reasons to choose an M1 Mac:
- The powerful M1 chip built on 5nm process delivers fast performance and incredible power efficiency.
- Reason 2 – see reason #1, the “Apple M1chip is that powerful.”
- Up to 18 hours of battery life on a single charge. Apple’s longest battery life.
- Mac works with IT so that devices can be set up devices from anywhere with zero-touch deployment and can be managed from anywhere via mobile device management.
- Macs even work for companies with no IT departments because they are intuitive and easy to use computers.
- Cost less in the long run.
- Most of the world’s innovative companies use Macs, around 84%.
- All business apps are available on the Mac, including Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Zoom, and others. Now, iPhone and iPad apps are also available on the new M1 Macs.
- Built-in security
- Integrated with iPhone for smooth copy and paste capability across devices.
- Aesthetically pleasing to look at, especially the M1 iMac.
This is a fair list of features which is Apple is able to offer because of the M1 chip, changing the Mac experience entirely. Having said that, during the 2 years transition to Apple Silicon, the company will upgrade Intel-based Macs as well. For more details on different Mac models, click here.
Johny Srouji, Apple’s senior vice president of Hardware Technologies describes the new chip as:
“There has never been a chip like M1, our breakthrough SoC for the Mac. It builds on more than a decade of designing industry-leading chips for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, and ushers in a whole new era for the Mac. When it comes to low-power silicon, M1 has the world’s fastest CPU core, the world’s fastest integrated graphics in a personal computer, and the amazing machine learning performance of the Apple Neural Engine. With its unique combination of remarkable performance, powerful features, and incredible efficiency, M1 is by far the best chip we’ve ever created.”