For music and video creators, Apple brings Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro to iPad. Both professional editing tools are optimized to offer new touch interfaces to offer users a smooth workflow experience with the immediacy and intuitiveness of Multi-Touch.
[Update: May 23, 2023: Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro are finally available on iPad. With seamless integration between Mac and iPad, Apple empowers creators to work flexibly and unleash their creativity wherever they go.]
Final Cut Pro is a powerful video editing tool that offers a variety of features to personalize videos and showcase one’s creativity. It features Object Tracker to detect faces and objects with Cinematic mode, support for Apple Silicon for more complex edits, organizing tools, motion graphics, and much more.
Logic Pro is a creative tool for professional songwriting, beatmaking, editing, and mixing. The app features a diverse collection of plug-ins and sounds and supports Dolby Atmos mix and export songs as Spatial Audio.
Recently, an Apple leaker @analyst941 reported that Apple would release the iPad versions of its professional video and music professional editing tools in the coming years: Final Cut Pro in 2024 and Logic Pro in 2025. But the tech giant has released them in May 2023.
Starting May 23, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad will be available on App Store as subscriptions
The all-new touch interfaces on Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad unlock new capabilities. Here are the new features designed for iPad users on both editing tools.
Final Cut Pro for iPad
- New jog wheel makes the editing process easier by allowing users to interact with content in a new way. Simply tap to navigate the Magnetic Timeline, make fast frame-accurate edits, and more.
- Supports Multi-Touch gestures
- Live Drawing to draw and write directly on top of videos via Apple Pencil.
- Pro camera mode allows video creators to record and edit videos on a single device. Users can shoot high-quality video in portrait or landscape, monitor audio, and control settings like exposure, focus, and others.
- Multicam video editing to automatically sync and edit clips together.
- Scene Removal Mask to easily remove and replace the background in a clip without using a green screen. (Apple Silicon iPad)
- Auto Crop adjusts a footage’s aspect ratios.
- Voice Isolation removes unwanted background noises or sounds.
Logic Pro for iPad
- Multi-Touch gestures allow users to play software instruments, interact with controls, and access projects with swipe-to-scroll and pinch-to-zoom.
- Plug-in Tiles bring the most useful controls to users’ fingertips to easily produce sounds.
- Use iPad’s built-in mics to capture audio.
- Apple Pencil support to make precision edits and draw detailed track automation
- All-new sound browser displays all available instrument patches, audio patches, and other elements to help music creators discover the perfect sound.
Starting from May 23, users will be able to download Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad from the App Store as subscriptions for $4.99 per month or $49 per year with a one-month free trial.
- Final Cut Pro for iPad and Logic Pro for iPad require iPadOS 16.4.
- Final Cut Pro is compatible with M1 chip iPad models or later.
- Logic Pro is compatible with A12 Bionic chip iPad models or later.
Bob Borchers, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing said:
“We’re excited to introduce Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad, allowing creators to unleash their creativity in new ways and in even more places. With a powerful set of intuitive tools designed for the portability, performance, and touch-first interface of iPad, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro deliver the ultimate mobile studio.”