Apple and its partner Goldman Sachs have just recently extended the COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program for Apple Card owners for another month. Apple Card holders who apply for the aforementioned program will now be able to defer their payments due in August with incurring interest charges.
Purchases made through the Apple Card will still need to be paid off in the future but the balance does not accumulate interest if users have registered for the program.
Apple Card is integrated into iPhone and iPad Wallet app. The following devices are compatible with the app:
- iPhone models with Face ID
- iPhone models with Touch ID (except for iPhone 5s)
- iPad models with Touch or Face ID
Deferred Payment Program-August Extension
Apple informed the Apple Card holders of the August extension of the deferred payments programs via emails. Along with users monthly balance statements, the following information was shared:
“We understand that the COVID-19 situation poses unique challenges for everyone and some customers may have difficulty making their monthly payments.”
How to sign up for the Customer Assistance Program
This is a useful program to be a part of, especially to make interest free payments in times of financial crisis. Here are easy to follow steps to register:
- Open the wallet app on the iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Apple Card
- Tap on the black circle with three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the message option to get in touch with a customer support representative and request to be registered in the Customer Assistance Program. You can type a message like, “I want to enroll in the Customer Assistance Program.” and send.
You will then receive confirmation of enrollment to the email address associated with your Apple ID.
Web portal launched for cardholders
In addition to extending the deferred payment for another month, Apple has also launched a web portal for cardholders. The web service facilitates users to manage their accounts and pay their bills on a desktop. Prior to the launch of this website, users could only manage their accounts via Wallet on their iPhone and iPad.
The online platform offers the following tools for users to help manage their account:
- Pre-scheduling payments
The Cupertino tech giant and Goldman Sachs have been offering the Apple Card COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program since March and have extended it every month since then due to the ongoing threat of the coronavirus impacting Apple Card users financially
- Apple Card’s 0% financing program now includes Mac, iPad and other products
- Apple Card users will get $50 cash back on purchase of any Apple service