Apple News+ subscription is now available with a three-month free trial period through Monday. The standard time of the free-trail period for new subscribers is a month. As Apple News+ service is available in select regions, so new subscribers in the United States, Canada, the UK, and Australia can sign-up to enjoy three months of free news, magazines, audio stories, and more.
Apple’s services have seen an impressive boost during the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, especially Apple News+ because it provided readers with authentic and verified COVID-19 related news at a time of widespread misinformation of its causes, treatment, and testing. The service had gained 125 million new readers at the start of the pandemic.
Maybe the company’s extension on the free-trial period is because of the on-going health crisis like the extension in deferred payments for Apple Card holders.
Apple News+ Features
The company introduced new features on the service this year:
- Smart banners in Safari direct readers to Apple News+ instead of a third-party app to read a publisher or news on its iOS or iPadOS app. When a subscriber opens the website of a publisher available on Apple News+ in the browser, the smart banner notifies of the available articles and publishers on the app.
- The service offers 20 new audio stories per week, narrated by professional voice actors. The stories cover a variety of topics like fashion, food, current affairs, sports by established publishers like The Wall Street Journal, Vanity Fair, GQ, and others.
For a limited time, get Apple News+ free for 3 months.
• World-class journalism from sources you trust
• Full magazine issues, cover to cover
• The week’s best audio stories, hand-picked and expertly narrated, on your iPhone
— Apple News (@AppleNews) November 26, 2020
Lauran Kern, editor in chief of Apple News said:
“Apple News showcases so much great journalism, and we’re excited to help bring it to life in new ways with Apple News+ audio stories and a new daily news show, Apple News Today. We also greatly value our many local news partners — our new local news feature highlights their work for readers who live, and are interested, in those communities.”
The company’s Apple News app is available for free but the Apple News+ is its paid subscription service that offers a diverse range of magazines, articles, and news from renowned and trustworthy sources for a $9.99 monthly subscription fee without any paywalls. Users can download the Apple News+app from the App Store for free and new subscribers get a month free trial.