Apple today updated the Apple Developer app to gear up for the 2022 Worldwide Developer Conference which is slated to begin on June 6. The developer app has been updated with SharePlay support, interactive activities, various enhancements, and more.
Apple Developer app updated ahead of WWDC22 kick-off
Every year, Apple announces its next-generation software updates for the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, and Apple TV at WWDC. The event is a way for developers to learn what Apple has in store for its yearly updates so that they can accommodate their apps for the software accordingly.
Apple recently updated the Apple Developer app which is available for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. The newly updated app will allow WWDC attendees to maximize productivity out of the forthcoming event. The app now includes design challenges, video sessions, interactive activities, and more.
The Cupertino tech giant has also added support for SharePlay to the app as well as standard bug fixes and enhancements. SharePlay support will allow developers to watch content within the app with their contacts.
Here are the full release notes for the Apple Developer app update:
- Explore all WWDC22 has to offer, including session videos, Digital Lounges, 1-on-1 labs, Coding &
- Design Challenges, and more.
- Sign up for interactive activities like Digital Lounges and labs directly inside the Developer app.
- Watch videos together using SharePlay.
- We’ve also fixed bugs and added various other enhancements:
- We’ve rebuilt our search to be more extensive and to support quoted phrases.
- We’ve added more keyboard shortcuts for iPadOS.
- We now list your downloads in the order that you started the download.
Developers who have the app installed can get the update now straight from the App Store. If you do not have the app, it can be downloaded for free here.
This year, Apple will debut iOS 16, iPadOS 16, macOS 13, tvOS 16, and watchOS 9 at WWDC. The virtual event will kick off at 10 a.m. PT (10: 30 p.m. IST). on Monday, June 6.