On January 10, 2022, Apple Fitness+ will introduce a number of new features on the service like new Collections, Time To Run, the third season of “Time To Walk” and more. Designed around the Apple Watch, Fitness+ is an at-home workout service that offers a growing library of fitness genres for different types of users and their health needs like yoga, HIIT, cycling, treadmill, aerobics, pilates, and more.
All the new features coming to Apple Fitness+ this month
Starting the new year with a bang, Fitness+ is adding two new ways “Collections” and “Time to Run” for users to achieve their fitness goals and close all their circles. Furthermore, 2022 marks the launch of “Time To Walk” season 3 with new celebrities, and Artist Spotlight workouts playlist from four new sensational singers.
Here are all the new features that will be available on January 10, 2022.
The new segment “Collections” are a curated series of workouts and mediations from the Fitness+ library with more than 2000 sessions and it will also include a suggested plan to motivate users to achieve their goals. At the time of launch, the following six Collections will be available:
- 30-Day Core Challenge
- Improve Your Posture with Pilates
- Perfect Your Yoga Balance Poses
- Run Your First 5K
- Strengthen Your Back, Stretch Your Hips
- Wind Down for a Better Bedtime
Time to Run
To enhance users running time and to improve their skills, the new Time to Run is “an audio running experience designed to help users become more consistent and better runners, featuring popular running routes in some of the most notable cities.”
Time to Run will launch with the following three episodes and one new episode will be released every Monday:
- London, coached by Cory Wharton-Malcolm
- Brooklyn, coached by Emily Fayette
- Miami Beach, coached by Sam Sanchez
The third season of Time to Walk
As a companion on a walk, Time to Walk offers an inspiring audio experience to users to stay active physically and motivated mentally. In the new season, the following guests will be added each week.
- Bernice A. King, advocate, minister, and CEO of the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change.
- Hasan Minhaj, the comedian, writer, and producer known for his work on “The Daily Show” and his award-winning series “Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj.”
- Chris Meloni, the actor best known for his television role on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.”
- Ayọ Tometi, the human rights advocate, strategist, and writer known for her role as a co-founder of Black Lives Matter.
- Chelsea Handler, known for her standup comedy, former host of “The Chelsea Handler Show,” and the author of six best-selling books.
- Sugar Ray Leonard, former professional boxer, Olympic gold medalist, and Hall of Famer.
Artist Spotlight workouts
Apple Fitness+ workouts are carefully curated with Apple Music playlists for each Artist Spotlight musician. Every Monday for four weeks, the series will add the new workouts featuring music from the following singers:
- Ed Sheeran,
- Pharrell Williams
- The Beatles
Jay Blahnik, Apple’s vice president of Fitness Technologies said:
“At the beginning of a new year, we know many people are looking for new ways to go after their goals. With these new additions, Fitness+ makes it easy to get motivated and stay active anywhere, with the most complete library of high-quality and diverse content to train your mind and body, no matter where you are on your fitness journey. We can’t wait for people to get motivated to reach their goals with Collections, and inspired by Time to Run’s exploration of iconic cities with rich running history.”
- Here is how to start Apple Fitness+ new “Group workouts with SharePlay” on iPhone or iPad
- Apple Fitness+ celebrate 1st anniversary with a special 2021 recap video
- Apple Fitness+ could offer content in more languages in the future
- Apple Fitness+ is now available in Austria, Brazil, France and 12 more new countries
- Apple Fitness+ is giving a tough competition to Peloton, says analyst