The latest update of Apple Music beta for Android features redesigned widgets for Home Screen. More interestingly, reference to an upcoming standalone app “Apple Classical” is also discovered in the update’s code.
In August 2021, Apple acquired Primephonic, a classic music streaming service, and announced that Apple Music subscribers will be able to enjoy “an improved classical music experience beginning with Primephonic playlists and exclusive audio content.” According to Bloomberg, the Primephonic will turn into an app tied to Apple Music this year, maybe in the upcoming iOS 15.4 update.
Apple Music to gain redesigned widgets on Android and a companion app for classical music
Discovered by 9to5Google, the two Apple Music widgets on Android (in beta) are redesigned to have thinner borders and are larger in size.
- The “Apple Music Player” widget is wider and taller.
- “Apple Music Recently Played” has more configurations when resized.
- The grid that shows past tracks is now available in 3×2 and 3×1 sizes, while the top half also gets larger.
The backgrounds of both widgets are customized to show the artwork of the current song and revert to the red theme when nothing is being played in the new beta update.
In addition, the beta update also contains code for a new “Apple Classical” app. All of the new changes might be released in the new iOS 15.4 update.
<string name=”open_in_apple_classical”>Open in Apple Classical</string>
Reportedly, Apple has acquired “Al Music”, a London-based startup that uses AI (artificial intelligence) to create “tailor-made” soundtracks using royalty-free music to suit users’ moods and needs. It is said that the new technology can be used across the tech giant’s audio offerings.
- Apple’s Safari team asks users to share issues to improve web experience on the browser
- Apple announces new “Tap to Pay” feature for contactless payments, coming later this year
- iOS 15.4 beta 2 re-enables “Improve Siri & Dictation” for all users