Today, Apple has released iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 beta 6 to developers. The beta 6 versions of the iPhone and iPad operating systems are rolled out only one week after releasing beta 5. Both OS was launched at the Developers World Wide Conference online 2020 event in June.
Registered developers can upgrade their iPhone and iPad to the latest beta 6 versions easily by tapping on the Settings app> General > Software update. New developers can install iOS 14 beta 6 on their iPhones by signing-up with the Apple Developer program for $99 per year. As the software are not stable in the beta phase and can lead to issues like data loss, therefore, it is advised to install them on secondary devices.
iOS 14 Beta 6
The new iOS 14 beta 6 contains bug fixes and performance improvements. As the public release of the iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 in Fall is coming nearer, the iPhone maker has seed more stable form of the software. The latest operating system is designed to offer many new features to consumers. Previously, it was discovered that Apple released new additions in every beta update.
iOS Beta 5
- New Hide feature in the Photos app to privately save pictures in the Other Albums> Hidden folder
- Users can Hide the Hidden folder in the Photos app’s settings
- New remove featured photos from widgets option
- Hybrid of keypad and scroll options to set alarm time
- Extra-large News app widgets for the widget center, not the Home screen
- Availability alerts toggle in the Settings to let users know if exposure alert notifications are available in their locations
- New splash screen for shortcuts and several new glyph options to customize shortcuts
- Widgets on the home screen
- App library for improved app organization
- Siri redesign
- Picture-in-picture video playback on iPhone
- Updates to Messages including new memoji stickers and personalization options. Users can also pin favorite chats at the top of the Messages app. Users can also tag other users in a group chat, and reply to individual messages.
- Apple Maps now supports EV routing, cycling routes, and more.
- New Translate app will allow users to translate between 11 languages offline. The translation app will also allow users to translate webpages in Safari.
- CarPlay now supports wallpapers, and new app categories.
- Digital CarKey support will allow users to unlock their cars using NFC. The digital carkeys will also support sharing with family members.
- App Clips will let users quickly download part of an app to use it, by scanning a code.