Apple has sent out emails to Apple TV+ subscribers letting them know that they will continue to receive $4.99 refund credits on their account from February through June 2021, following a second extension of its free trial program earlier this month
The credit will automatically be applied to a subscriber’s Apple ID and will be usable as standard App Store credit for games, movies, and other Apple services.
Apple has extended the free trials of Apple TV+ until July 2021
Apple has extended the free year-long trials of its streaming service to customers until July 2021. The trials – initially set to last until November 1st, 2020 – came bundled with the purchase of any Apple device: iPhone, iPad Mac, or Apple TV. The free trial expires for those who do not activate it within the first three months.
The last time the tech giant issued credits to Apple TV+ subscribers was in November 2020, so the credits were deposited monthly through January 2021. Now, the company is extending credit for an additional five months. It is important to note that the amount may vary based on Apple TV+ pricing in different countries.
“You are getting $4.99/month in credit from Apple TV+ through June. We are applying $4.99 in credit to your Apple ID each month you`re subscribed from February through June to keep enjoying Apple Original shows and movies. That`s it — no further action is required,” the email sent to customers states.
In October, subscribers who had free access to the streaming service through an eligible purchase beginning in September 2019 had their one-year trial extended until February 2021.
- Internal emails show Apple execs discussed not ‘leaving money on the table’ when setting Apple TV subscription fees
- In the U.S. Apple TV+ captured only 3% market share in 2020; Netflix retains first spot
- Apple TV+ shares trailer for ‘The Snoopy Show’, upcoming animated series
- Apple TV+ original series ‘Ted Lasso’ nominated for three Critics Choice Awards
- Apple TV+ releases ‘For All Mankind’ season 2 trailer, premiere is on February 19
- Apple TV+ to produce ‘Kitbag’, the Napoleon Bonaparte epic, starring Joaquin Phoenix
- Apple TV+ picks up sci-fi comedy series starring Andy Samberg, with Ben Stiller producing