Apple is once again adding to the catalog of Apple TV+. According to a recent report, the company has acquired the rights to a sci-fi comedy series from Ben Stiller, Noah Hawley, Andy Samberg, and Andy Siara according to a recent report.
Apple TV+ is the Cupertino tech giant’s video streaming service which offers a ton of original content including talk shows, movies, documentaries, and more. Since its launch in 2019, the service has won several awards and nominations for titles like Peanuts, The Morning Show, and others.
Apple TV+ picks up sci-fi comedy series starring Andy Samberg, with Ben Stiller producing
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Apple has won a bid for a new sci-fi show over the weekend. Details of the project are unknown, but the report notes that the series is based on a concept from the creator and author of the popular animated show “BoJack Horseman”, Raphael Bob-Waksberg.
Adam Samberg and Andy Siara, who worked on the critically-acclaimed movie ‘Palm Springs’ together, will reunite to collaborate on this project. Samberg will both produce and star in the series whereas Siara will write the script and serve as executive producer.
Ben Stiller will produce alongside Nicky Weinstock through Red Hour, while Noah Hawley and Dan Seligmann will produce through their 26 Keys banner. Bob-Waksberg will also serve as a producer.
To enjoy the show when it premiers, users will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV Plus is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ ‘Losing Alice’ official trailer is out now – The series will premier on Jan 22, 2021
- Apple TV+ ‘Dickinson’ season 2 arriving on January 8, 2021
- Samuel L. Jackson to star in upcoming Apple TV+ series, ‘The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey’
- Apple TV+ to air its animated series, “The Snoopy Show” on February 5, 2021
- Apple TV+ offers viewers the behind the scenes of ‘Earth at Night in Color’
- Apple TV Plus releases teaser trailer for ‘Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry’
- Apple TV Plus orders ‘Gutsy Women’ docuseries starring Chelsea and Hillary Clinton
- Apple TV Plus inks deal for Spanish comedy ‘Acapulco’ starring Eugenio Derbez