Apple TV+ has shared its first look at the upcoming second season of Foundation and its new cast. Foundation was one of the most popular shows of 2021 and garnered a huge following.
Foundation is an Apple Original science fiction series based on award-winning author, Issac Asimov’s novels. The show’s story follows a band of exiles who are on their journey to save humanity and rebuild civilization amid the fall of the Galactic Empire.
Foundation season 2 to feature 10 new cast members
Due to its success, Foundation was renewed for a second season even before the finale of the first season was released. As per showrunner David S. Goyer, the series could continue for 8 seasons if it remains popular – something Apple is also on board with. Foundation was one of the most pirated TV shows of 2021, which could also be taken as a measure of its popularity.
Along with existing cast members like Jared Harris, Lee Pace, Lou Llobell, Leah Harvey, Laure Birn, Terrence Mann, and Cassian Bilton, Foundation will see the addition of ten new cast members in important roles:
- Isabella Laughland as Brother Constant, a cheerfully confident claric whose job is to evangelize the Church of the Galactic Spirit across the Outer Reach. Constant is a true believer, whose courage and passion make her hard not to love.
- Kulvinder Ghir as Poly Verisof, High Claric of the Church of the Galactic Spirit. Whip-smart and sardonic, he’s also a terrible drunk — intelligent enough to see the path he’s on, but too cynical to change.
- Sandra Yi Sencindiver as Enjoiner Rue, the beautiful, politically savvy consigliere to Queen Sareth. A former courtesan to Cleon the 16th, Rue parlayed her status to become a royal counsellor.
- Ella-Rae Smith as Queen Sareth of Cloud Dominion. Used to being underestimated, Sareth employs it to her advantage, charming her way into the Imperial Palace with biting wit, all while on a secret quest for revenge.
- Dimitri Leonidas as Hober Mallow, a master trader with a sarcastic personality and questionable morals, who is summoned against his will to serve a higher, selfless cause.
- Ben Daniels as Bel Roise, the last great general of the Superliminal Fleet and would-be conqueror of the Foundation. Bel is noble to a fault, but his fealty to the Galactic Empire is waning.
- Holt McCallany as Warden Jaegger Fount, the current Warden of Terminus and guardian of its citizens against external threats.
- Mikael Persbrandt as The Warlord of Kalgan, a monster of a man, coiled with muscle and possessing powerful psychic abilities, and fueled by hate in his quest to take over the galaxy.
- Rachel House as Tellem Bond, mysterious leader of the Mentallics.
- Nimrat Kaur as Yanna Seldon.
The press release is also accompanied by a first look photo from season two which shows Jared Harris and Lee Pace. However, a release date was not shared for Foundation season 2 in the press release.
Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month and is available on all Apple devices as well as smart TVs, gaming consoles, and on the web. Users can get a three-month free trial with the purchase of a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, or iPod touch.
- Showrunner of Apple TV+ new ‘Foundation’ David S. Goyer discusses the series, premiering on September 24
- Apple TV+ has launched ‘Foundation: The Official Podcast’ ahead of series premiere on Sep. 24, 2021