According to a recent report, Apple is looking to lease a large production campus in Los Angeles in an effort to solidify its presence in Hollywood with new original content for its streaming service Apple TV+.
Apple is in the market for a large production campus in Los Angeles for Apple TV+
As per The Wall Street Journal, the Cupertino tech giant told development executives it is considering several possible locations at the moment. The new production campus, which would primarily contain soundstages for Apple TV+, could exceed half a million square feet. The site would be in addition to the existing soundstages the company leases around the globe.
Owning a permanent production campus would be a huge feat for Apple and it would allow it to produce a stable stream of content for its service. Since available soundstages to rent must be booked months in advance, the move would offer some flexibility for the tech giant. Especially since competing streaming services are strategically buying up large hubs for their own use.
According to the report, an Apple retail executive named Mike Mosallam joined the company in January 2021 to help with its soundstage expansion efforts. While Apple already owns a number of properties, this recent move shows how serious it is about growing its streaming service. Despite having no back-catalog library, the tech giant is gradually building a high-quality collection of Apple TV+ Originals to attract subscribers.
- Apple TV+ original children’s and animation titles win four Daytime Emmy Awards
- Apple TV+ signs multi-year deal with Hyperobject Industries, owned by Oscar-winning director Adam McKay
- Apple TV+ original titles land 15 HCA Awards nominations with ‘Ted Lasso’ in the lead
- Apple in talks with the NFL about obtaining rights to Sunday Ticket games for Apple TV+ – Report
- Apple TV+ announces special “9/11: Inside the President’s War Room” documentary to premiere on 20th anniversary of the attack
- Apple TV+ studio orders new ‘City on Fire’ drama series inspired by Garth Risk Hallberg’s novel
- Watch new promo video of Apple TV+ award-winning show ‘Ted Lasso’ Season 2 coming out on July 23
- New Apple TV+ docuseries ‘Watch the Sound with Mark Ronson’ will premiere on July 30