Back in July, it was reported that Apple was looking to lease a large production campus in Los Angeles in an effort to solidify its presence in Hollywood with new original content for its streaming service Apple TV+. Now, the tech giant has begun construction on two new facilities in Culver City near Los Angeles.
Apple building 550,000 square foot complex in Culver City
According to a new report from Variety, the new facilities will total more than 550,000 square feet once completed and will be located along with National, Venice, and Washington boulevards. The facilities will be connected by a “shared wall.”
A representative for the tech giant said it will be a “mixed use” but did not share details on what kind of production studio space will be part of the development. Construction for the new buildings is currently underway but Apple has not provided a timeframe for when the site will be up and running. “We’re in the early planning stages and will have more to share down the line,” the rep said.
The tech giant opened its first offices in Culver City in 2014 and currently has more than 1,500 employees working in the area. Apple currently has a 128,000-square-feet office building in Culver City that it acquired in 2018. Employees currently working in that location include members of its Apple TV+ and Apple Music teams, engineers, artificial intelligence/machine learning researchers, and staffers in other divisions.
- Apple TV+ will premiere three new shows for kids and family in late September – October
- Amy Brenneman joins the cast of ‘Shining Girls’ thriller series on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ new original movie ‘Swan Song’ will premiere on December 17, worldwide
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Carpool Karaoke: The Series is renewed for 5th season but this time on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ Studio to win the bid for Sue Mengers biopic project starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Apple TV+ ‘CODA’ will be the first-ever feature film to include subtitles in the main film reel
- Apple TV+ shares trailer of “The Velvet Underground” documentary, coming on October 15
- Marvel stars Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson to feature in Apple TV+ new movie ‘Ghosted’