The latest market survey by Canalys reveals that Apple Watch Ultra dominated the premium smartwatch segment in China in Q3, 2022. In spite of waning consumer spending on non-essential goods due to COVID-19 lockdowns and economic challenges, Apple saw 52.9% growth in the third quarter of this year.
In September, Apple unveiled the all-new 49mm Apple Watch Ultra designed especially for outdoor activities and adventure sports. The $700 smartwatch has a rugged design, larger and brighter display, a longer battery, a customizable Action Button, and more. In addition to hiking, running, and trekking, Apple Watch Ultra is also made for recreational diving to stand up to 40 meters depth in water.
Check out How to customize the Action button on Apple Watch Ultra here.
Apple Watch Ultra’s design and popularity drove the growth of the smartwatch market in China
Earlier this month, Counterpoint Research’s survey of the smartphone market in China showed that Apple hit the highest-ever monthly market share and won Huawei’s share in the premium market in Q3, 2022. And Canaly’s reported that Apple iPad dominated the Chinese Tablet market with 7% growth in the same quarter. Apple’s smartwatch lineup has also seen a positive upward trend.
Canalys Analyst Cynthia Chen said that “Huawei gradually lost its home field advantage in Q3 in Mainland China” and “Apple’s new Watch Ultra has been a hit with local consumers with its recognizable design, driving growth in the US $700+ (approximately CNY 6299 ) segment.”
The high-end premium smartwatch has received good reviews. Like YouTuber David Smith who called it the best smartwatch for outdoor activities, other reviewers praised its beautiful display, long battery life, workout features, versatility, and more.
- Apple Watch Series 8 captured half of global smartwatch market in Q3, 2022
- This is how Apple Watch Ultra can give up to 60-hour battery life
- This is how to use Apple Watch Ultra’s exclusive “Optimized Charge Limit” feature
- How to activate Night mode on Apple Watch Ultra
- watchOS 9.2 released for Apple Watch with improvements to workout, noise app, wallet, and more
- Microsoft Authenticator for Apple Watch will be discontinued in Jan 2023