Apple has released watchOS 9.2 to all users with Apple Watch Series 4 and later. The update features Outdoor Run workouts, race routes, noise app updates, wallet app improvements, and much more.
watchOS 9 was released in September with new watch faces, Low Power Mode, international roaming, and multiple improvements to Workout, Fitness, Compass, Sleep, Afib History, Family Setup, Accessibility, and more.
December 14 – watchOS 9.2 is now available to all users.
December 7 – Apple has released watchOS 9.2 release candidate to developers.
watchOS 9.2 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
• Outdoor Run workout now automatically detects when you arrive at a running track and provides track specific metrics
• Race Route lets you compete against your previous performance in Outdoor Run, Outdoor Cycle, and Outdoor Wheelchair Workouts
• New custom Kickboxing algorithm in the Workout app for more accurate metrics
• Noise app displays when environmental sound levels are reduced while wearing AirPods Pro (1st generation) and AirPods Max with active noise cancellation
• Apple Card users with a Savings account can now check their balance in Wallet
• Family Setup users can be invited to the Home app to control HomePod speakers and smart home accessories, and unlock doors with home keys in Wallet
• Accessibility support to visualize when Siren is in use on Apple Watch Ultra
• Improved response time and accuracy of hand gesture controls for AssistiveTouch and Quick Actions
• Crash Detection optimizations on Apple Watch Ultra, Apple Watch Series 8, and Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)
• Fix for bug that causes display of incorrect watch time immediately after dismissing an alarm in Sleep Focus
• Fix for bug causing interruptions to mindfulness sessions
Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas, for more information visit: https://www.apple.com/watchos/feature-availability/
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please vis
it this website:
December 1 – Apple has released the fourth beta update.
November 15 – Apple has released the third beta build to developers.
November 8 – Apple has released the second beta build to developers.
October 26 – watchOS 9.2 beta is available for Apple Watch Series 4 and later watch models. Apple’s release notes do not mention anything new except for a known issue related to the Fitness app:
Users who start an outdoor run at a track may see an alert incorrectly indicating they left the track. If the user continues on the track, Watch will re-prompt the user for a lane selection. The track workout won’t be affected. (101400541)
If you already have the developed beta profile installed on your Apple Watch, you can download the new beta by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your watch. Make sure it has at least 50% battery charge and is placed on its charger during the update process. If you are not an advanced user or a developer, we suggest to avoid installing a beta on your daily driver, as it cannot be rolled back in case something goes wrong.
- How to install watchOS 9.1 on Apple Watch
- How to use Compass app on Apple Watch
- Apple Watch with watchOS 9 provides sleep tracking comparable to an EEG device
- This is how Apple Watch can record 25 standing hours in a 24 hour day
- watchOS 9 disables these features with Low Power Mode
- watchOS 9 brings redesigned Compass app with new Backtrack, Waypoints and more
- watchOS 9 launches AFib History feature to more than 100 countries
- Here are the top 7 watchOS 9 features to try on your Apple Watch
- watchOS 9.1 brings new ‘Low Power Mode’ to further extend battery life