Apple’s VP of Environment, Policy, and Social Initiatives, Lisa Jackson has announced that the applications for the company’s 2023 Impact Accelerator program for Black, Latinx/Hispanic, and Indigenous entrepreneurs are now open.
In 2020, Apple launched the Impact Accelerator program as part of its Racial Equity and Justice Initiative to offer opportunities to marginalized communities of color. It is a 12-week program for businesses that focus on clean energy and green tech and provides opportunities for participants to develop innovative climate solutions.
Black, Latinx/Hispanic, and Indigenous entrepreneurs have till May 1 to apply for Apple 2023 Impact Accelerator program
Apple aims to be 100% carbon neutral by 2030, therefore, it offers programs like the Impact Accelerator to expand opportunities for the development of lean energy and green technologies, especially within its supply chain.
This year, the program will include the following key areas:
- Target training and coaching for businesses providing knowledge and tools needed to be successful Apple suppliers.
- Access to the company’s experts to identify strategic partnership opportunities which align with the businesses’ priorities and the company’s environmental goals.
- Executive skills enhancement by training and one-on-one mentorship of leaders so they can facilities their companies’ growth.
- Alumni network offers invitations to the company’s Supplier Success community to get ongoing professional growth opportunities like access to Apple experts, connections with alumni, and invitations to private networking events.
According to Apple, owners of businesses that are at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by African American, Hispanic/Latinx American, or Indigenous American individuals in the United States and in the environmental sector are eligible for the program.
Eligible entrepreneurs have till May 1 to apply for the free program which will start from August 21 till November 17 and work towards advancing a healthy planet.
We’re expanding opportunities for Black, Hispanic/Latino, and Indigenous entrepreneurs developing innovative climate solutions in clean energy, recycling, green chemistry, and more. Applications to join our Impact Accelerator are open until May 1! ✍️➡️ https://t.co/nPoKsEQy7t
— Lisa P. Jackson (@lisapjackson) April 24, 2023
- Apple lists over 800 vehicles that support CarPlay after GM ditched the standard
- Frustrated with the “My AI” on Snapchat, users flood App Store with 1-star reviews
- iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max rumors: design, features and more [New: 5-6x optical zoom]
- Zoom for iPhone adds support for Dynamic Island, dark mode for Calendar and more