iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, or 12 Pro Max may offer incredible performance, but that does not stop the occasional need to force restart the smartphone.
Normally, you do not have to restart your iPhone, but if you are dealing with a buggy app or a software update that is slowing down your device, you may need to do so. Follow our simple guide on how to force restart iPhone 12 in a few simple steps.
How to restart iPhone 12
Before force restarting your device, try a simple restart. It may temporarily fix your problem. Here’s how to restart iPhone 12.
- Press and hold either the volume button and the sleep/wake button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait for around 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple logo.
How to force restart iPhone 12
If your iPhone is experiencing persistent problems and becomes unresponsive, the device may require an immediate force restart. Follow these steps to force restart your iPhone 12:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Screen/Wake button, even when you see the option to turn off the phone until the Apple logo appears
- The screen will temporarily go dark as the iPhone shuts down and reboots.
- Release the Screen/Wake button when you see the Apple logo on your iPhone’s screen and wait for it to boot.
Remember to pay attention when you are restarting your iPhone, and follow all instructions properly. We hope this guide helped you out!
- How to force close apps in iPhone 12
- How to use iOS 14 App Library on your iPhone
- How to launch actions by tapping on the back of your iPhone
- Learn to easily add and remove widgets on an iPhone Home screen
- Install third-party keyboards on iPhone and iPad with easy steps
- How to quickly delete multiple contacts at once on an iPhone